Senior Bowl 2023: More standouts from Day 3 in Mobile
Northwestern RB Evan Hull is someone of many words. Senior Bowl 2023: More standouts from Day 3 in Mobile
If you ask him approximately if a hotdog is a sandwich (which it’s far not), Hull will inform you (Hull stated its not, however in case you take into account sandwiches like a meatball sub, that have bread thats related like a hotdog, it`s a slippery slope).
You can ask him approximately his religion, which is clear in each phrase that he speaks. Hull by no means receives too high, however additionally by no means receives too low—he usually performs the subsequent play. “This is a method and so I maintain considering how I can get higher withinside the method,” Hull stated after Day three of the Senior Bowl exercise in Mobile, AL. “You could have a terrific play or you could have a horrific play, however, you gotta get lower back up and get at the horse, and pass does it again.”
Coming to the Mobile form of unheralded after main Northwestern in dashing yards and completing 2d in receiving yards for the 1-eleven Wildcats, Hull turned into confronted with the possibility to face out. Hull saved the religion for 4 years, and now it turned time to position itself withinside the work. “God didn’t provide us a spirit of fear,” Hull stated. “He gave us a spirit of power, love, and self-control, so that’s what I`m seeking to exercise.”
On the field, Hull is an energizer bunny, exploding via arm tackles and flying out of the backfield for huge performances. It’s what he desired to reveal NFL groups this week. “I’m going to play with energy, with that juice, and pass difficult each unmarried rep,” Hull stated. “I desired to reveal that I should end runs and be an asset on unique groups.”
With Hulls athletic cappotential and even-keel mindset, hes head in the direction of the NFL with huge desires in mind.
- Ohio State RT Dawand Jones was back at practice today, but not in pads. Troy LB Carlton Martial was not seen.
- Stanford WR Elijah Higgins was working at TE, and that’s where I think he’s at his best when it comes to NFL projections. According to Sports Information Solutions, 16% of his routes run over his career have come from the slot, and he’s been more effective running over the middle on crossing routes there than out wide. He also has a frame that would allow him to add weight without losing any speed.
- Despite a very skinny lower half of his body, Maryland LT Jaelyn Duncan did a very good job today taking on some of the power rushers for the National team. Against Notre Dame EDGE Isaiah Foskey, Duncan initially lost some ground, but was able to re-anchor and get his hands in better position, to win the rep. I worry about how much good weight he can put on because of how small his legs are, but he’s as smooth as they come in pass protection.
- Northwestern DT Adetomiwa Adebawore has had a fantastic week in Mobile. He won the measurements by measuring in with 34 inch arms despite being 6’1 and 284 pounds, and he’s been a standout in both the run and passing game. He uses his length and leverage to his advantage with a nice bevy of pass rushing moves, but also has flashed some lateral quickness and agility, winning a few reps against North Dakota State’s Cody Mauch. He’s a very uniquely built player, but a player who is a ready made run defender and a promising pocket pusher from the inside. Easy Day 2 pick.
- Keeping with the trend, Northwestern RB Evan Hull has been the best RB on the National team. He’s solidly built, with a thick lower body, but his ability to bounce off first contact and natural burst is going to get him on an NFL team. He’s been the best National team back in pass blocking and pass protection as well. This week has been very good to Hull, one that could see him go from UDFA to potential draft pick.
- Wisconsin DT Keeanu Benton has been very impressive all week. The former Badger plays with a lot of power, but has also shown the ability to play with finesse as well.
- A name to keep an eye on: Chattanooga OL McClendon Curtis. He’s been very impressive this week, and put together a nice practice today.
- I’d like to see Notre Dame EDGE Isaiah Foskey develop more of a pass rush plan. He goes to the long arm move often, but if the long arm move doesn’t work, he has no counter move to build off of. If he can use a reliable second move to go with the long arm, it would help him a lot.
- Michigan C Olu Oluwatimi had a rough first couple of days, but today he really turned it around. He was able to anchor against power, something that he struggled with in the early days of practice. He also showed some nice moves in the run game.
Arizona State DL Nesta Jade Silvera had some nice moments today. The 6’1, 307 pound defensive tackle can pack some power in his pass rush, and won a few reps today.
- Fresno State QB Jake Haener was impressive today. He showed the most touch in the red zone of any National team QB, and connected on some really sweet throws, including a perfectly thrown pass to Purdue TE Payne Durham in the endzone in team drills.
- Once again: Washington State LB Daiyan Henley was very good in passing drills. He was taking away underneath routes and played very well in 1 on 1’s with opposing RBs. Another guy to keep an eye on.
- South Carolina CB Darius Rush mightve been neglected because of his famous person teammate, CB Cam Smith, however hes simply as appropriate in his personal proper. Rush had an outstanding day three, displaying the staying power that he flashed on the primary days after which permitting it to pay off. He picked off passes and turned into very astounding in each side of the practice. He
s a man Im going to appearance returned at after the Senior Bowl.
- Houston WR Tank Dell didnt practice, and has left the Senior Bowl. Sacramento State LB Marte Mapu and Miami CB Tyrique Stevenson had been in attendance, however now no longer practicing.
- Florida State S Jammie Robinson turned into astounding nowadays. Hes bodily, which ends up in moments in which he receives very grabby, however hes capable of disrupt routes on the pinnacle of the stem in nickel. At safety, hes very instinctive and there had been a whole lot of moments in which he came about routes with South Carolina DB Darius Rush and performed insurance perfectly.
- Ole Miss WR Jonathan Mingo is indexed at 61, 226 pounds, however, he has first-class footwork. I fear approximately his capacity to drop his hips and create separation, however, he’s bodily and difficult on the trap point. He’d be a wonderful strength slot.
- Virginia WR DonTayvion Wicks has JUICE. His footwork and brief location burst are so astounding, and he made a whole lot of DBs’ appearance stupid in red zone 1-on-1s. He additionally has given a little explosiveness, leaping extraordinarily excessively to nearly trap a by skip thrown in 7 on 7. Wicks could be very inconsistent in catching the ball, however, he can create a lot of area together with his footwork.
- Iowa State WR Xavier Hutchinson is excellent on the trap point. He was given wonderful cognizance and concentration, and made a completely first-class trap in 1-on-1s, extending and creating a play in opposition to LSUs Jay Ward. I’m now no longer certain how steady he can separate, however, hes excellent in contested trap situations.
- It turned into a hard day for the QBs, specifically withinside the pink zone. Houston QB Clayton Tune turned into the excellent of the three, however, he overlooked a few gimmes as well. Shepherd QB Tyson Bagent is all fastball proper now, and doesn’t have the contact vital to make the throws withinside the pink zone. Duggan’s accuracy turned into all around the place.
- FAMUs Isaiah Land turned into covered-up at off-ball LB nowadays in group drills. He wasn’t the best there, however, he made a few first-class performances. At 226 pounds, with a maxed-out frame, that is probably in which he performs on the NFL level.
- Tulane RB TyJae Spears had the excellent rep of the week, whew.
It become bloodless here. And for all of you announcing 60 degrees, windy and overcast isn
t bloodless—youre a liar and a fraud.
The physicality and opposition become grew to become all of the manner up today, I cherished it. The trash speakme become outstanding to see.
The American group`s track choice become higher than the National group all week.